Roasted Butternut Squash Pizza
These healthy pizza is much better than delivery and it is equally or more delicious. I prepared it last night and we ate it all within 10 minutes.
Give it a try I guarantee you will love it! Stay tuned since I will be soon posting how you can create your own whole-wheat pizza dough.
- ½ of a butternut squash (about 4 cups diced)
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ Cup can coconut milk
- Whole wheat pizza dough. (store bought or home made)
- Mozzarella cheese
- 1 Preheat your oven to 400F (200C).
- 2 Use a potato peeler to peel the skin off of the butternut squash. Then chop the squash into small 1" cubes. You can save the remaining half of the squash for later use.
- 3 Chop the onion into large chunks, and then peel the garlic.
- 4 Add the squash cubes, onion, and garlic to a mixing bowl. Add the olive oil, salt, and pepper and toss to coat evenly. Dump onto a baking sheet and spread into one even layer. Bake for 30 minutes.
- 5 When the squash is finished roasting, remove from the oven and add to a blender or food processor. Pour in the coconut milk, and blend on low to combine into a creamy sauce, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed.
- 6 Turn the oven up to 450F (230C).
- 7 Lay your dough on a pizza pan. Spread a nice thick layer of the squash sauce then top with some mozzarella cheese.
- 8 Pop it in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, and bake until the crust is golden.
If you liked the article, share it!