I remember when I was growing up my grandmother used to make these delicious pecan cookies. My brothers and me could eat a whole batch in minutes!
I recently asked my grandmother for the recipe and I made some changes to it in order to make these cookies healthier.
Servings: 18 cookies
- 1 ½ cups whole pecans (plus 18 reserved whole pecans for placing on top of the cookies)
- 1 ½ cups oats
- ¾ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup hemp seed
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup sunflower oil
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and line one baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2. Place the pecans and oats together in a food processor and process for 15 seconds, until ground. Transfer the ground pecans and oats to a medium mixing bowl.
- 3. Add the shredded coconut, hemp seed, flour, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt and mix until combined.
- 4. Add the maple syrup and sunflower oil and mix to form a cookie dough.
- 5. Roll the dough into tablespoon-size balls and place onto the cookie sheet, about an inch apart, pressing them down slightly. Repeat to make 18 cookies in all.
- 6. Place a whole pecan in the center of the top of each cookie.
- 7. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until firm and not too browned.
If you liked the article, share it!