Who ISN'T a fan of tacos? I mean really. I have yet to meet anyone who doesn't like tacos. You can literally make tacos in a million different ways. Plus, they are customizable to everyone’s unique preferences. You can top them with avocado, cream or cheese is up to you. These lentil tacos are so good you wont even miss the meat.
- 1 cup lentils
- ¼ white onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 ½ cups water
- Corn tortillas
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 avocado
- 1. Clean the lentils and remove any stones or bits that should not be there.
- 2. In a medium skillet heat a little bit of olive oil and add your onion. Season approximately for 3 minutes. Until the onion turns translucent. Then add your lentils.
- 3. Add the cumin, paprika, oregano, salt, pepper and garlic. And mix together.
- 4. Add 2 ½ cups water, mix and cover.
- 5. Reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes. Check your lentils, if they are still a little hard continue cooking for another 10 minutes or until tender.
- 6. To serve: Heat the tortillas and add the lentils, tomato and avocado. Optional: Top with salsa verde o roja.
If you liked the article, share it!