Who knew making your own maple donuts could be so simple?
This fast and delicious recipe will definitely satisfy your donut craving without all the sugar and processed ingredients in the ones you can get at the grocery store.
Plus you will be getting tons of nutrients, fiber and omega 3 from the chia seeds.
- ½ cup oat flour
- ½ cup amaranth flour
- ¼ flax meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tbsp. melted coconut oil
- dash of salt
- 1. In a large bowl, add dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
- 2. In a medium bowl, add all wet ingredients and mix well. Then pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix well.
- 3. Plug in your babycakes donut maker to heat.
- 4. You will notice this dough is thicker than my other donut recipes. That is ok, it will add another minute or two to cooking.
- 5. Spray coconut oil into donut sections of donut maker.
- 6. Add a spoon full of dough into each donut section in the donut maker. Close the lid and cook for 4-5 minutes until done.
- 7. Let them cool. Enjoy!
- Note: If you don’t have a donut maker, don´t worry, you can do this in the oven too. Just pour the mixture into a greased donut pan and bake for 25-30 minutes at 300 F.
If you liked the article, share it!