It wasn’t until I got to Miami that I became obsessed with key lime pie. When it comes to dessert I always go with the ones that have some chocolate in them, but key lime pie has an addictive quality. I don’t if it is the balance of the sweet and tart that makes it so addictive, but the flavor of this pie is absolutely amazing.
This healthy version of the pie is only made of ingredients that are high in nutrients and good for you such as fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds.
I promise it will become one of your favorite desserts.
- 1 cup dried coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecan
- ½ cup dates
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ¾ mashed avocado
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- ½ cup agave nectar
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. lime zest
- 1. Place the pecan, coconut and sea salt in a food processor and process until coarsely grounded. Add the dates and process until the mixture breaks down into coarse crumbs and begins to stick together.
- 2. Take mixture out of the processor and press evenly into a 9’’ pan. Place pan in freezer while you make the tart filling.
- 3. While the crust is setting in the freezer, blend all the ingredients for the filling in a high-speed blender or food processor until creamy.
- 4. Pour the avocado filling over the crust. Use a spoon to make sure the filling is even and smooth.
- 5. Place pan in the freezer to set up, at least 2 hours, but can be overnight. Take out of freezer, remove the spring form pan, let sit out for 10-15 minutes, cut into slices and serve.
If you liked the article, share it!