So, Christmas is literally just around the corner! I am especially excited about this Christmas because it is our baby’s first Christmas. Last Christmas we were only three and now our family has grown to 5!... and no we didn’t have twins or have three kids already but we have two lovely Pomeranians and one beautiful one month old baby. This time we are celebrating Christmas with my husband’s family at our apartment and I wanted to make a healthier Christmas dessert to share with them.
These donuts are full of flavor, with none of the bad stuff. I hope you enjoy them and perhaps make some for Santa this year.
½ cup almond milk
½ tsp. apple cider vinegar
1½ cup + 2 tablespoons oat flour
⅓ cup coconut sugar
1½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. ground ginger
¼ tsp. clove
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
2 tbsp. almond butter
2 tbsp. blackstrap molasses
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
⅓ cup pecans, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a donut pan.
2. In a medium bowl, add almond milk and vinegar. Stir to combine; set aside for 10 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, add oat flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, and salt. Stir to combine.
4. To the bowl of almond milk add applesauce, almond butter, molasses, and vanilla. Whisk until fully combined.
5. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir until the ingredients are fully combined.
6. Add batter to each donut cup until full.
7. Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes.
8. In a medium bowl, add coconut milk. Use an electric beater or whisk to beat the coconut milk until smooth. Frost the donuts with the coconut cream, then sprinkle with pecans.