These sweet and salty cookies where my favorite ones during my whole pregnancy.
They are thick, chewy, flavorful and possibly a little addicting…And best of all they
made with healthy ingredients. No gluten and no dairy.
¼ cup creamy almond butter
¼ cup coconut oil, softened
¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
½ cup coconut sugar
2 tbsp. molasses
2 tbsp. ground flaxseed
1 tbsp. arrowroot starch or corn starch
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 ¾ cups whole wheat pastry flour
½ cacao nibs
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl whisk together almond butter, coconut oil, applesauce, almond
milk, coconut sugar, molasses, flaxseed, arrowroot and vanilla extract.
3. Mix in whole wheat pastry flour, almond flour, baking powder and salt until just
combined. Fold in chocolate chunks.
4. Drop dough by using an ice cream scoop onto prepared baking sheet, leaving an
inch between each. Flatten in a criss cross pattern with the tines of a fork.
5. Bake for 14-16 minutes, until edges are golden. Let cool on pan for 5 minutes
before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.